On 11 December in Krakow monthly meeting of the Committee of Geoinformatics Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences was held. Artur Nowakowski presented achievements of a group of programmers working in Earth Observation Group.
Within two years of its existence, the group developed new applications for various adoptions. Among the solutions are desktop programs , networking , and mobile. Solutions are created as a user-friendly, and many of them implements innovative methods developed in SRC PAS .
The most important applications are:
- IncSIM – determination of environmental indicators , together with the optimization of multi-core ,
- BooSIM – an application for the classification of satellite images , Boosting method ,
- MatSIM – an application for matching pairs of images ” pixel by pixel “
- Image segmentation library OpenForis ,
- Simulation of the signal from the hiperspectral scanner and submitting a consistent image from the image lines
- CDRI – an application for the detection of changes in the radar images ,
- Location and license plate recognition ,
- Detection , tracking and recognition of faces in smart camera ,
- Determining the boundaries of coastal zones,
- Web3D – client and server for 3D network services (in cooperation with Astri Poland )
- Geoportal – Internet service indicators for visualizing the surface of the Polish daily updated using satellite images of low resolution ,
- Alice – an interactive digital map system for crisis management (in collaboration with Astri Poland )
- Water level monitoring in Southern Sudan as part of an early warning system against floods.